Monday, November 24, 2014

Work in progress

Finally got in the parts that I ordered and they are gonna be fun to play with. The neo pixles are cutable to size so I should be able to wire them up how I like. I don't know if there will be enough on a 1M strand but it's a start. The mic from sparkfun and the neopixles should work well once I put in the code that I found for that setup. I might even be able to figure out how to do it with a 3.5mm headphone jack with speakers or something.
I decided to make the wheel out of clear acrylic and make it a bit smaller to accommodate the lower amount of pixels that I got. Oh I made a end cap that will attack to the center axle and then I should be able to drill a hole to put the motor in, I just hope it will be able to turn it. Might be able to use a rubber wheel like some of the smaller ferris wheels do anyway, could help with mounting problems, we'll see.
Gonna be playing with the neopixles this week I hope.
-Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment