Monday, December 1, 2014

Getting close to deadline

With only 11 days left to complete the project, its getting down to the wire. I decided to go with 8 inch wheels since the adafruit neopixle strip is smaller than I expected.

I finished the design in solid works and if my prof ordered 1/4" thick clear acrylic then all the parts just need to be cut out of that.  The end cap just needs to be 3D printed, one for each end so 2. Once everything is out then I can put it together easily.

I'm going to see if the DC motor we got in the sparkfun kit will spin the wheels. If it won't then there's a broken aero bed in my closet that might have a motor I can salvage out of it and see if that one works.

The hope is to get the motor code we used in a lab and have the I put to the serial A0 port also be called to run the motor with pwm so the speed varies.

-Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment